[IP] re: pregnancy, illness, and pumps

My advice to you if you really want a baby is to talk to your doctor
(assuming you have one that is knowledgeable in diabetic pregnancies.)  I
have had two healthy children and was not on the pump at the time, although I
had good control.  I had been diabetic for 11 and 13 years, respectively at
the time.   My understanding was and still is that if you are not currently
suffering from complications (other than minor ones) and you are in good
control, a pregnancy is a perfectly reasonable goal.  Both my pregnancies
were a lot of work and involved many dr. appointments, but were relatively
uncomplicated and so worth it!