[IP] Re: Herbal cure

email @ redacted writes:

> When I was little (6-9 ish) my mother heard from some
> spanish lady that you could cure diabetes if you
> ground up this cactus and drank it 2 times a day you
> could stop taking your isulin.  Well, my mother
> reduced my dose by half and put the thing in the
> blender.  We added some lemon juice and equal (if it
> cures you shouldn't she have just used sugar?).
> Turned the blender on and created slime. Clearish
> slime with green laced throughout!!!!  NASTY NASTY
> NASTY.  And it tasted even worse--yes I actually
> tasted it.  Parents out there--please don't do this to
> your children!!!  Needless to say I have my pump now
> and it is close enough to a cure for me for now!
> Kelly
Gosh, I know this isn't quite the same thing but it reminds of this horrible,
horrible movie I watched on late night TV a few years ago. I was channled
surfing and heard diabetes mentioned so I was hooked. Richard Thomas was in
it. It was about a family who had a child with diabetes. They joined a
specific religion and became CONVINCED that God would cure their child. So
they stopped giving him his insulin and he DIED!!! After the funeral, they
showed the mom and dad still waiting by the casket, convinced that God was
going to RAISE HIM UP!!!! I bawled my eyes out.

proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, now 7 and pumping  since July 12