Chinese herbs (was [IP] cures for idm)

Spot wrote:
>like my old chinese herbalist who said i'd be
>off insulin if i took certain recommended herbs. they smelled s bad you
>culdn't get them past your lips. spot, ugggh phew!

A friend of mine was doing Chinese herbal medicine
for some ailment or other a few years back. She used
to buy her herbs from an old guy in Chinatown, and
she said she sometimes wondered whether after she
left the store he was on the phone to his friends
saying "Hey, you'll never believe what foul stuff I
convinced this Euro girl to buy. Hahahahahaha!"

Nevertheless, she believed that the herbs were