[IP] Re: No JDF Chapter

If you don't have a JDRF chapter in your home town, and if you are
interested in having one there, it is possible to start a branch off of a
nearby states or towns chapter. That is what we have done.  JDRF was not
in my state, and so a few parents of diabetic kids started a branch of a
neighboring states chapter. We operate the same as a Chapter does, just
that we do not have paid staff. We have a working Board with various
board members....a doctor, parents of kids w/diabetes, a CDE, a couple of
adults w/diabetes, a banker, etc. We work completely with volunteers. We
held our first JDF Walk last September - it was very successful! We are
now working on our next fund raiser.  If you need any help starting a
branch, please contact JDRF and find out where the nearest chapter is, or
e-mail me & maybe I can help.

Good luck!