Re: [IP] 25-55?

>I have to agree. the local pump group here caters to 'our' age group, but it
>does seem that between the ages of 25-55 there isn't a heck of a lot of
>activities and such out there for us.
>Jenny Sutherland

>  In a message dated 2/1/01 7:08:19 AM Central Standard Time,
>  email @ redacted writes:
>  I have no problem with kids walking for a cure but am wondering what
>  organization there is for the kids once they are adults???  If JDF mainly
>  caters to kids, and ADA type 2's where do we adult type 1's go???
>  Faith

The problem is international.  Here in Eastern Canada, once kids turn 18
there is no support for them until they are seniors.  I experiencd this
first hand and the result was not having an endo for many years.

Pumping kids here have a great program but once they turn 17; there isn't
any support for pumpers nor endos who allow their patints to use the pump.

here as well:  Teh Children's Hospital is good - the CDA is desgined for
type II's and seniors only.  The do not condon carb counting nor MDI etc.
(I check thier Halifax office each year and leave shaking my head)!

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!