Re: [IP] ADA - For whom?

--- Jennifer Sutherland <email @ redacted> wrote:
> When I volunteered at ADA offices, they had NO paid
> staff members who were
> diabetic either.
> WE were only good enough to volunteer. I found that
> to be interesting that
> their employment body (Out here in CA at leasat) was
> almost entirely
> non-diabetic.
> Jenny Sutherland
> http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/index.html
> http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/myfamily.html
> http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/airbrushE.html

I too volunteered , then worked for local diabetic
association. Other diabetics that came in contact with
agency thought it was a good idea as they could relate
to me. I think they hired me in spite of my diabetes
and were constantly cking to see if I was okay. Not a
real good message to send to other diabetics that want
to live a normal life and be treated as any other
person. I no longer do anything with association. I
think they were good at getting funding from United
Way and such, but spent it incorrectly.
Linda