[IP] Increasing basal and bouls rates for illness?

First time dealing with the flu and the pump.  After five days; finally got
the basals set OK at 40% increase.  Back to a steady 90-110.

QUE:  Should the bolus amounts be increased as well?  (for whenever I
decide to eat again that is)... ;-/

It is my understanding that the active immune system increases insulin
resistance and thus it makes sense to me to  increase the bolus amounts by
the same ration as I had to increase the basal.

I'm told i have three more weeks of this to look forward to... ...there
goes February.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!