Re: [IP] School nurse: Help!

> Lauren overheard the nurse telling a teacher we were
> doing it wrong and the basal MUST be lowering her blood sugar and
> she will some day have a bad low. Can someone PLEASE give me a
> simple way to explain basal to her (how it works in the body --- why
> it does NOT peak and you do not have to feed it) so I can get her to
> UNDERSTAND??? It's really bothering Lauren quite a bit.

I think you might start with the school administration -- the
superintendents office. The nurse should be properly trained or taken
off staff since her medical knowledge is so outdated that she is a
danger to your child and the misinformation she is spreading confuses
the teachers and disturbes your daughter. Better put it in writing.
At the same time, request a 504 meeting. In the meeting address the
issues of staff training and competence along with the other needs
that Lauren may have such as testing in the classroom, emergency
procedures, extra test time, flexible schedules, etc....