[IP] Re; Tour De Cure

>>How much of each dollar donated does the American Diabetes Association
spend on research to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes?  Not much... and
certainly nothing close to the $.84 the JDRF does.

I suggest you raise the money however, wherever, and whichever way
possible, but do it for the organization that is doing the most.

Board of Directors of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
(Long Island Chapter)<<

I don't want to be negative, I think the ADA does some great stuff (even
though I'm a JDRF board member and VP) But just so you know, fund raisers
like tour de cure and the AIDS ride average only 28 cents of every dollar
raised going to the organization. they are VERY expensive to run. They DO
get good publicity, and that's important. But the $$$ that ends up "doing
good" is very short.