[IP] Reaching the people who make the laws

I have been following the discussion in the listserv about the need for
more funding for a cure for diabetes and have at least one suggestion
on how to reach the people who make the laws.

In June of this year, JDRF (formerly) JDF will be holding its annual
Children's Congress  - where 200 children with diabetes (& their
parents) from all around the US go to Washington, DC & descend on
their Senators and Representatives in a concerted effort to make them
understand the need for funding diabetes research and for diabetes
related health care initiatives (like - easier insurance approval for pump

My daughter, Andrea (16 & pumping for 2 years), has been chosen
as one of the representatives from Ohio.

Each representative is asked to bring letters from people in their
state to present to their state's representatives.  If you are from
Ohio (in particular - Northeast Ohio/Greater Cleveland-Akron area)
and are interested in sending a letter, please contact me at my
e-mail address - off list (email @ redacted).  The bigger the pile of
letters - the bigger the impact.  To those who aren't Buckeyes -
contact your local JDF office and find out who will be representing
your state at the Children's Congress - send a letter with them.

Every letter will help

Liz B.