[IP] Re: Diluted Insulin

Somebody was wondering if they would need to use diluted insulin in their child's
pump.  I think somebody on this list does do this, but I  think  it is rare, unless
we're talking about an infant.  You can give basals as low as .1/hour, and if that
was too much, you could do .1/hr and 0 the next hour, followed by .1/hr and 0 the
next hour.   We have several hours a day where Kelly is at .1, and even a couple at
0.   We used diluted insulin when Kelly was dx at 3, and I question its stability,and
it's a big hassle!!

Mary, Kelly's Mom