-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Yerachmiel Altman
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 8:27 AM
To: email @ redacted

The Lancet, vol 355, 2/5/2000 pg. 426-427 compares two FDA
approved glucose testing equipment from Gygnus - the glucowatch
people - and Minimed's continuous glucose testing equipment.
http://www.thelancet.com/newlancet/reg/issues/vol355no9202/menu_NOD1.html

Since these two devices measure interstitial fluid and not blood,
more data is needed to tell physicians how to use these things.
There may be a delay up to 45 minutes between the
measurements in the tissue fluid and the blood (blood goes up first).
However, the tissue (interstitial) fluid fall faster than the blood and
may give warnings of hypoglycemia.

The concern is that doctors will not know how to give proper
advice if you use these devices. We may have to rely on patients
to work with the devices and tell us what they are personally
observing and how to use it for themselves. Lordy!

Its your time.

Dr. Joe, the Diabetes Doctor