Re: [IP] Soon 2B Pumping

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:44:29 -0800 (PST), email @ redacted wrote:

>  On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Laurie Wann wrote:
>  > Brian's MM 508 came last week - and he can't wait to get started.
>  >
>  > At 4, he is the youngest child they have ever put on a pump.  At our
>  > last endo visit, I asked whether she thought we might need to dilute
>  > H - she didn't think so, but I'm curious what other parents have
>  > experienced.  Brian is about 45" tall and weighs 44 lbs.

Jessica is 43" tall and weighs 40 pounds.  She uses straight Humalog.  She
uses a Disetronic, so I can't help you with the Sportguard issue, but I can
tell you that we have never, ever had a problem with site infection due to
being in the water.  She does have a tendency to go low while playing in the
water though, and drinks gatorade while swimming and eats little snacks.
She also plays in the bathwater for a looooong time with no problems.

Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1.7years

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com