Re: [IP] ready to quit the pump-help

> My husband, 13 year old daughter and I are all really smart, educated and
> motivated people.

 She tends to nibble a lot, and eats
> practically whatever she wants.  In the past week, over half of her bgs have
> been over 200;  in spite of close checks of tubing and pump.

Here's my take on this....our CDE/Endo had us on a very strict
carb count for the first month.....even more strict than on shots - to
work out the basals and specific boluses.  Once we came through
that, we were given a lot more flexibility.

It sounds like the nibbling and eating whatever she wants might be
the problem (IMHO).  It's probably putting too many variables into
determining your basal/bolus rates.  See if 'cracking the whip' and
being very strict for a few days irons out the numbers, then add
variables such as snacks, exercis, etc...

Just my $.02...

Steve Winer - Dad to Allie
14 y/o - dx 6/97 - MM508 12/99