Re: [IP] low treats

Wow, can I ever identify with what you are saying here. When my bg gets low
it is like I focus more on what I was trying to accomplish in the first
place. I will know I am low, but first of all I HAVE to finish folding
laundry or cleaning a room or looking for something and then I get
sidetracked and see something else that I HAVE to do first! It is so
bizarre, like if my bg was normal I would gladly enjoy a break from doing
all that stuff!!
  I have tried the smartie, skittle and jellybean thing but being a mom of 5
kids when I really need them, they have magically disappeared, and NOBODY
took them!! Now that they are getting a little older they know that if I
need sugar and they are with me, then they will need to take care of getting
me something to eat......FAST. This is a lot easier when the stuff doesn't
disappear. I always carry gluco-gel with me for a last resort but I sure
have got some funny looks when the kids are trying to help me squeeze it
into my mouth, luckily, now that I am pumping this rarely happens. :o)
SSHHHH!!....The kids don't know it, but I have a Mars bar in the front
pocket of my purse. A couple of times when I was low I thought "That is too
big to eat all at once and I don't know how many carbs are in it"....now I
have something else to focus on instead of actually eating it and trying to
figure all that out afterwards! I need to buy a new purse, think I will look
for one with a secret pocket...providing I can find it when I am low!!

>my problem with that is that when I am low, I LOSE all ability to make a
I can have $15 in my
>pocket and will still wander up and down the aisles of a store, not willing
>to pay THAT much for this particular "treat," or thinking I can get 99.9%
>of the time I will have glucose tabs with me
however if I carried Jelly Beans or smarties