[IP] how much time for velosulin to work?

I've been having a terrible time with my bg lately.
I'll be very high (in the 300s) and then after several
hours and boluses, I'll crash.  It's almost like the
insulin isn't working for a very long time and then it
just all kicks in at once.  I just moved and I have an
appointment with a new endo in two weeks so I thought
that for now I'd turn to IP for some answers.  How
long does it take velosulin to kick in?  My first
order of business with my new endo is to be put onto
humulog but for now, I must deal.  Is there a longer
wait time for it to peak if the bg is high?  Thanks
for the help.
Do You Yahoo!?