[IP] Re: Weighing food for carb counting

I weigh food for two reasons.  In my humble opinion, a 1/2 cup of broccoli
is a lot smaller than 1/2 cup of ice cream.  It is easier if I weigh,
because the motivation to pack ice cream in that cup size dish is reduced.
I bolus for the weight - not the container size.

I started using grams with the Joslin Clinic when I was a child and
continued until I left home.  College life - no measuring.  I started again
9 years ago, and measured periodically ever since.  Now I do it regularly,
especially with food I love - or don't love.

Finally - not all pre-sliced bread slices are the same size in a loaf.  I
know because I always look for the bigger slices in the loaf.