Re: [IP] scale--starting to sink in....but

On 27 Feb 00, at 17:07, email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 2/27/2000 4:53:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << If one day we were to eat spagetti and it said a cup=15 carbs

> Charisma, IMHO - my VERY humble opinion - using a scale is overkill.  Use the
> package information, or when you don't have it, guess.  It shouldn't take
> that long after starting to carb count to be able to make a good guess.

IMO guessing works out fine for me at dinner.  I can eyeball the
carbs on a plate fairly well.  But in the morning when I have my
English Muffin, the package says it is 64 gms wgt and 36 gms
carbs, and I'm doing 1 unit for every 6 gms, sometimes that muffin
is 2.25 oz (64 gms) 6 units, sometimes 3.1 oz. (89 gms, 50 gms
carbs) 8.3 units!  I can't tell which muffin is 2.25 oz and which is
3.1,  scales can be VERY important at times!