Re: [IP] Weighing food for carb counting

> I think it was Ruth who said that sometimes a piece of bread is not cut
> "standard" size.  But if we buy a loaf of store bread and all the slices
> are the same, what is the difference?

The difference is that if the package says a standard serving is one
slice and it SHOULD weigh 30 grams and contain 15 grams of carb
AND in fact the bread is sliced thinner and all the slices weigh 20 grams
and contain 10 grams of carb, then you will always take too much insulin.
This is a good example since this is pretty common. The bread is sliced
by a machine. They use the same machines to slice all the bread in the
bakery. Thin, thick, whatever. If they happen to forget to set the slice
correctly, they are definettly NOT going to throw away perfectly good
bread that just happens to be a litter thicker or thinner.

Better to weigh your foods. The packages LIE.