Re: [IP] Weighing food for carb counting

> OK, I STILL don't get it.
> I am not trying to be daft here.  REALLY struggling with this for some
> reason.  Isn't it about the same amount of work?  And if so, why would I
> need to get an expensive (or even cheap) scale?

OK - look at it this way.  The way we cook it, 3 grams of cooked
pasta by weight = 1 gram of carbs.  This works regardless of the
shape.  Now, assume you are eating 180g of pasta (60 grams of
carbs).  180g by weight of spaghetti is a lot less by volume than
180g of elbows, or 180g of ziti, or 180g of rotini....(the way they
stack, how much air, how big the pieces, etc...).  So for pasta,
anyway, the scale is key........regardless of the shape you can tell
how many carbs in a serving....

Steve Winer - Dad to Allie
14 y/o - dx 6/97 - MM508 12/99