[IP] re: Fructosamine?

> [Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][New Message]
> [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
>
> [IP] Fructosamine?

Pixie, The fuctosamine test uses a different subtance in the blood for a
marker.  The A1C uses the life of the blood cell and quotes the
percentage of sugar that it absorbs during it life (approx. 3 months.)
That is the "gold standard" for endo's.  I have blood cells that don't
live the normal length of time and my A1C is normal when I have fasting
reading of 180-250.  I had a very hard time getting my endo to do
something.  But if you had been on the pump for only 3 weeks (which is
about the period that the frutosamine covers) that was all that he was
intrested to measure.  If you test the 4-8 times a day that pumping
requires and are truthful you know how you are doing.

Paul