[IP] emla cream

We have asked our doctor about using the emla.
He told us he doesn't prescribe it because some people will build up
sensitivities to it.
Later they may need it for something more important and not be able to have
the lidocaine.
Has anyone ever heard this ?
Being numb until the next day doesn't sound too good either.
Lacey is afraid to move to another area and will only use her stomach. This
is why we wanted to use the emla. I can't talk her into moving to the hip
area. We haven't had problems finding sites or getting good spots or the
sites lasting-I am just trying to keep things that way by rotating.
April-Mom to Lacey