Re: [IP] KPTX - when necessary?

Just a quick note:  I know some people that went down to 10 % kidney function
before having to go on dialysis or requiring a transplant.  Othe factors are
also taken into consideration (e.g. your BUN, creatinine, potassium etc.)
I have been at 17-20 5 for the last two years.  I am cleared for a kidney
transplant and my mother is cleared to be my donor, but we will not proceed
with it until absolutely necessary.  I still work full time.  I started the
pump on Nov. 15, 1999 and the docs are hoping this will stave off any further
kidney damage or at least slow it down.
Type one, dxed at age 6, 36 yr. old now, pumping since 11/15/99 and LOVING it