[IP] Weighing food for carb counting

How in the heck does weighing something allow you to count the carbs in
it??????That just sounds crazy.  I'm sure that 48 gms of Lasagna and 48 gms
of fruit rollups do not weigh the same.  Byt the way 3 fruit roll ups have
48 gms of carbs.  Where did you guys learn that from.  Way back when??????
please correct me if I am seeing this wrong.
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World