Hi Charisma,
I was like you when I first started on the pump.  I had never seen a
pump or infusion set until they sent the whole gigantic box from
minimed.  I read pumping insulin and saw the videos and was still very
nervous.  I was equally as nervous the first time I had to inject the
introducer needle but I got through it.  And you know what things have
only gotten better for me and I'm sure that they will for Paddy as well.
It's ok to be nervous.  Most of us were probably the same way prior to
starting.  I love my pump and the ability to control my sugar from a
whole differant standpoint.  I hope all works out for you and Paddy.
Best of luck to you both.