Re: [IP] why do fats affect bgs so much?

> Would someone refer me to a good source, or give me a short
> tutorial, on why fat affects bgs so much?

They slow the digestion process so the digested food enters the
bloodstream as glucose at a much slower rate over a long time period
intead as you might expect from the glycemic index.

(about 5 inches down from that heading)
"On-line Resources for Diabetes"
    Rick Mendosa's REALLY GOOD list of resources
          "Glycemic Index"
               Ranking of foods based on their immediate
               effect on blood glucose (bG or blood sugar) levels.
           "Glycemic Index Lists"
               There are two listings of the Glycemic Index
                below. The first is based on food categories
                subdivided into  specific foods. The second
                list is ordered by the GI.