Re: [IP] Gram scale whys and why nots?

> >Is there any reason we could'nt ignore this> He prefers things he can
> identify and seperate CLEARLY
> we are finding that a piece of bread is not a piece of bread!
> one type of bread is different in carbs than another.  some 15, some
> 26 carbs!  makes a big difference in BGS later.

To complicate things further...... The serving size listed on the
outside of a food package is not always accurate. For bread, the
individual slices may be fatter or thinner than the "standard" slice.
Weighing or measuring the volume of the food and applying the
appropriate carb factor is far more accurate. This may seem like a
lot of hassle, but within 6 months or so you (or you son) will do
many items by inspection only and be remarkably accurate