[IP] I need my son to be well.

email @ redacted wrote:

> I NEED my son to be well. We have wasted too much time already.

Pumping sounds scary. You want your son to be well, but with ketones
consistently and *garfing*, etc. he cannot be, nor is he well. Your goal is
to eliminate those kidney- and eye-damaging highs. Someone on this list got
pump statistics from MiniMed and I *archived* it for my own use. I'm
re-posting it for you.

"As of 9/30/99 there are 60,000 MiniMed pump users, 32% of which are 20
years old or younger. 3% of MiniMed pump users are less than 11 years old
and 24% of MiniMed pump users are between the ages of 11
and 20. Currently there are over 1 million type 1 diabetics in the United
States and150,000 of those are less than 20 years old. There are 30,000 new
cases of type 1 diabetes every year and the median age of those is 16 years

Of the over (now) 60,000 pumpers, you are only hearing from a few. There are
2000 on this list and the majority of those are lurkers. When a problem
arises, help is requested here from the experienced. We don't post all the
wonderful daily events - though there are many. It's just like newscasts.
Bad news is what is reported.

Hang in there - this is just a normal, last-minute *cold feet* thingy. In a
short while we'll be hearing from you that this was the best decision you
ever made for Paddy.

Now, I have to reread what I just wrote and follow my own (non-medical)
advice for following through with a kidney-pancreas transplant.

Jan & Bluda Sue (me: 60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83; Bluda Sue (507c): 11