Re: [IP] discouraged pre-pumper........

In a message dated 2/25/00 3:09:10 AM, email @ redacted writes:

> bubbles that we had to prime out (most people say bolus) but they are
>primed out - 2 different functions - some do disconnect and use bolus mode
>prime them out, however you can stop the pump put it in prime mode therefore
>>getting the same results - just using a different function.

Darlene, reading this I got a little confused.  A "prime" is a bolus also.
The amount will not be counted in the daily total, because you use it for
purposes that are not intended to put insulin into you.  But you would have
to disconnect to prevent that, except for the one case of filling the cannula
after the needle is pulled out.

Linda Z