[IP] Silver Linings...

Charisma, et al,

    For every bad DM day, there's a great day. After we discovered two days
ago that all my probs were a plain old adhesive and latex allergy, things
have never been better:) Yes, controlling diabetes is an effort but it means
a long life of excellent quality. We all have days we hate the disease,
ourselves and our pumps or shots, but those days are balanced out by the
days where a sugar doesn't go above 120 and there are no ketones.
Eventually, with practice and patience, those days become more common. After
3 weeks on the pump, I've had only 4 lows under 40, for me, that's as many
as I used to have in 1 day sometimes! I've also only had 4 highs over 200 in
3 wks , miraculous for me!  I use 20 or more units a day less than I used on
MDI and I have more flexibility than I ever had as a child on insulin and
tablets. I used to have tantrums when my sugar was under 250 and now I
handle a high quickly and am more in touch with my body so I catch highs at
150 or so. It takes time to teach the body what normal is, and yes, it's
convinced it's starving and miserable, but you're actually doing it a favor
and eventually, it does realize that:) The discouragement fades away when
good control enpowers you over your life and once the body's normalized and
gets what it needs and learns to yes, even like it:)

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
Moderator Camarilla IRC