Re: [IP] bubbles and that long, 5.0 unit PRIME

email @ redacted wrote:

someone once suggested keeping the pump pointing down...so that luer is down
and this uses gravity to reduce the 5 unit prime.  I can sometimes get it
primed within 2 units or less if lucky.  this part of priming is one that  I
don't particularly like as geneva disconnects,   runs off somewhere and
sometimes we forget that the pump is on the countertop priming!

The priming does more than move insulin through the set (I do that part by hand, anyway).  The 5 unit prime is used as mor to take the slack out of the mechanism and posture of the pump will have little to do with that.  FWIW, I watch the end, and when insulin forms a drop at the tip of the insertion needle, I stop the prime and insert the set.  This morning, I stopped it at 3.1 units.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.