I worked for a Durable Medical Equipment company for 14 years and we also
found this to be the case. One insurance company ALWAYS denied the first
claim, even if all the i's were dotted and all the t's crossed on the CMN.
We eventually sued this company and won. We also won accrued interest on the
claims they had denied. You can win if you will just keep up the pressure
and never take no for an answer.