Subject: [IP] D-Tron

My D rep stopped by yesterday.  She told me that the D-tron was going to be
released to coincide with the ADA meeting (which is June 9-12).  If you
order a H-tron (which will still be available) you will still get 2, but
only 1 if ordering a D-tron.  She indicated it will be quite comparable to a
Minimed 508, she specifically listed the back light, volume control for
beeps, square wave bolus (they're going to call it something else, sustained
bolus, I think, but same thing), and some other stuff.  She also told me
that there will be a trade-up program for anyone ordering a H-tron between
now and then.  Laughed at me when I asked about trading up our nearly-2 year
old pumps.....
I also hate that they release so little info about what they're working on -
some of it is FDA required, but I think some of it is also just the way they
do business.  All the hardware is manufactured in Switzerland, so I suspect
that the US company really is limited by the "European way" of doing

Nancy Morgan