Re: [IP] Insurance MSA

At 09:58 AM 2/24/2000  Margaret M Pilong wrote:
 >I am familiar with a flexible spending account which is a tax break for
 >people.  It is money which is taken out of your paycheck pre-tax.  When you
 >medical expenses not covered by insurance, you submit receipts and the money
 >taken out of your account and mailed to you.

They are also known as Cafeteria Plans... my job uses it. However, I think
that a MSA is different. Since I just did my taxes this last weekend
<arrghh!>, I remember a specific deduction for a Medical Savings Account
(MSA)... I think this is where you can save money in a special account tax
free for medical expenses. I don't know the details though.