Re: [IP] New insurance fun

>My new insurance company (AETNA), which paid for my insulin pump without
>any problems (amazing!), has now decided not to pay for the insulin
>without physician preauthorization!!

Todd,
We have Aetna too and they also paid for the pump with NO hassles at
all! We have a little booklet from them that lists medications. Humalog
is listed as one that requires pre-authorization. Not sure why, other
insulins are not that way. So I am not totally surprised that they are
wanting this "authorization". However, I am a little surprised, as we
never had to get "authorized" to get Humalog, we get several bottles at
once, and they have never bothered us about it.
Laura