From: Danny Bjoraker [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 11:26 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Basal percent

Hi all,
I read (I think in Pumping Insulin) where basal insulin
typically accounts for 50 to 60 percent of a pumpers daily
insulin requirement.  I've only been pumping for 3 weeks so
far, and I've been adjusting my basal rates by fasting and
checking BGs, and currently my basal insulin only accounts
for about 35 percent of my daily total.  Is this at all normal?
What percents are you other pumpers coming up with?  I know
this is an individual thing, but I'm curious to know what
percent of pumpers fall within the '50 to 60 percent basal'
rule.
Thanks,
Danny