[IP] Newly Diagnosed Family needs advice

Much to my dismay, one of my daughters VERY best friends was diagnosed with
D this week.  I have spent a lot of time at the hospital aggravating every
nurse on every shift!  If only we knew how much they DIDN'T know when we
went through this....

Our friends know a little about Jackies pump and wanted to know if they
should talk to their endo immediately about it.  My recommendation was to
learn how to comfortably give shots etc... (for a back up), master carb
counting and then YES!  Their daughter is 10 and a perfect candidate (very
responsible, proactive...).

Is there anyone that has had experience with going on a pump very soon after
diagnosis?  Anyone else have an opinion on this issue---silly question to
this list (vbg).

Thanks for your input!
Connie, Jackie's mom and pump advocate