[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #952

(snip) : Re: [IP] Bloodsugar 500

Shelly Nurse wrote:

<<I don't think 1
unit for every 20 points is at all accurate.  1 for every 50 I can buy...>>

My CDE tells me 1 unit for every 50 points.  And I agree it would
definintely be 8 units not 20.  20 would lower bg 1,000 points!!!!

Type 1 for 37 years.... (snip)

 Y'all remember, Your mileage may vary.....I would definitely bolus 20 or
25 for a bg of 500.  Normally I bolus 1/20.  This is what works for me.
 Knowing that it takes longer than normal to get a high headed down, I
would probably bolus 10 and 30 minutes later, bolus 10 more, testing very
frequently  maybe every half hour.

But thank goodness for our variety!
Bonnie Richardson