[IP] dka

 Just to comment on the ketone discussion--
We were taught that you do not have to have high blood sugars to develop
ketones .
I thought as long as  you were getting   this scary information that we all
have to deal with, you  ought to know ketones can develop (though rarely)
with regular numbers or slightly raised. Our MM nurse told us she has seen
this in people who have not eaten
or who had done enough exercise to keep high BG down, but were not getting
any insulin to their cells.
 She also said , when I asked your same questions that there is a
progression to DKA and if it were to happen during sleep you would wake up
sick and puking.
Thats all 2nd hand info for ya.
I too wish I had more details / a time line would be great.
April, Mom to Lacey