Re: [IP] Different Bolus Ratios during the day???

In a message dated 2/22/00 9:28:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Yep, use different ratios for each meal.  In the am when I'm very insulin
resistent I use 1:7 at breakfast.  At lunch use 1:10 or 1:12 depending on how
hard I exercised in am or plan on exercising post-lunch.  At dinner use 1:15,
because effects of exercise make me much more insulin sensitive, or maybe the
position of the moon, or whatever.  But this is the pattern that seems to
work for 3 of 4 weeks of the month.  Then that "other" week happens and I use
pretty much the same ratios, but raise my basal up about 40% pre-period, and
have to lower it back to about 25% under normal for first two days.  Of
course, this is the latest scenario and there have been other formulas during
my four years pumping depending on whatever factors life throws my way.  This
is the beauty of the pump, to be able to change to accommodate what your body
wants to do.

Its no wonder that I was so volitile on MDI.

The happy pumper
39 yo; dm 20 yrs; pumping 4

<< I have been on one bolus ratio throughout the day...1 unit for every 15
 grams of carbs. Is it common to have more than one ratio during the day? For
 those of you who are on different ratios...how did you figure it out?
 Thanks...Carolyn :o) >>