Re: [IP] Animas pump

In a message dated 2/22/00 7:46:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm excited about it since from the
 website information it appears that this pump took the best features of the
 minimed and the disetronic and combined them into one pump >>

I just read the same info and I had one concern with this pump.  I think it
said that it boluses in 0.5 unit increments.  Check to be sure before buying,
with your insulin sensitivity you'll want to be able to have 0.1 unit
increments available.  Sounds like the model for more insulin sensitive
people isn't out yet.

Sure is exciting to see you looking at pumps!

>From diabetesnet.com on Animas pump:
<<<This pump comes with finer basal adjustments in 0.05 u/hr increments,
along with bolus increments that currently can be selected for 0.5 or 1.0
unit steps, with 0.1 and 0.3 increments expected in the working model for
children and for adults who are sensitive to insulin. >>>