[IP] Re: Merck-Medco Insulin Mailing

I also live in  Texas and had the same problem with Merck-Medco mailing
insulin without an ice pack.  I called and complained (though they told me
that insulin is not required to be sent with an ice pack).  Before I started
pumping, I had some erratic blood sugars one month that could only be
explained by bad insulin.

After complaining at least 3 times, Merck told me to have my dr. specify that
the insulin must be sent with an ice pack when the dr. writes the
prescription. Tell them your dr. has instructed you to send it back if it is
not sent with an ice pack.