[IP] DKA - Coma

There was someone that I went to diabetic camp with who tried to commit
suicide by not taking their shots, they went a week before they were rushed
off to the hospital.  There was also a guy that I went to school with who
routinely skipped shots and never followed a diet.  Of course these were the
days of urine testing when 4+ could mean almost anything.  I suspect that
comas are like most things diabetic, it really depends on the person.  Just a
guess on my part but I would suspect that being in tight control most of the
time might make things like comas happen a little quicker, also no long
acting in the system to act as a cushion.

Type I, 25yrs. Changed my life in Dec. 1999!!!