[IP] pump for gestational

my husband received a call from a coworker who was
recently put on the pump for gestational diabetes.
She went into great detail about all of the negative
things she is experiencing and told my husband to
really think about this before putting both of our
kids on pumps.  She's only had diabetes for about 3
months so I wonder at this decision by her dr and
insurance co.  It also ticked me off about her
negativity when we've been dealing with shots,
tremendous swings, etc for 8 1/2 years with two kids
starting at age 2. So, my question to all of you: is
this a common thing to put a pregnant woman the pump
who has gestational?
Do You Yahoo!?