Re: [IP] Re: bubbles

Our routine is very simple to solve this problem....and is part of our
routine.  You flip those two levers into place, then program a 5 unit
prime after you have manually primed the tubing.  You can end this
prime after you see insulin dripping from the business end of the
tubing.  Sometimes this takes only 1 unit - sometimes as many as
6 - but you have to do the prime to "engage" the metal arms onto
the reservoir...

> I have a MiniMed 508.  I am also having a problem getting the pump primed.
> After I get the cartridge in, the metal things (VBG - having a senior
> moment, can't remember what they are called) don't fit flush against the and
> of the cartridge.  So nothing happens when I prime.  I have to keep fiddling
> with them until they manage to connect.  Luckily this happened at my CDE's
> office when I started, so we figured out what to do.  But it is aggravating.

Steve Winer - Dad to Allie
14 y/o - dx 6/97 - MM508 12/99