Re: [IP] Re: bubbles

In a message dated 2/23/00 9:31:46 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>At the end of the prime I saw 5 or 6 long bubbles

When I started pumping, I had some problem with bubbles that I think were
caused by moving the plunger as I pushed the syringe into the pump, letting a
little air into the system.  As I got surer with my movements in putting it
in (I position it and push down on the top of the syringe closest to the luer
lock to get it in tight, leaving the lever arms open and as far back as
possible), I stopped having the problem.  Then I close the metal lever arms
while holding the pump with the tubing downward, pushing (with the lever
arms) very slightly on the syringe plunger as I close them.  This seems to
minimize the amt I need to prime  before insulin comes out.  (learned this on

Linda Z