Re: Re: [IP] bubbles/Laura

>Last year when I had some unexplained bubbles-in-tubing problems, my rep
>suggested filling the syringe and tubing and letting the whole thing sit out
>overnight (or at least for several hours) before inserting it, in case the
>problem had to do with the insulin coming into contact with the plastic.  I
>haven't done it (haven't had any more bubble problems), but thought I would
>pass the suggestion along.  Maybe the bubbles that appear in yours would
>appear then, and could be bolused out before you connect.  Be careful about
>contamination of the set once it's open, though.

Make sure your insulin is at room temperature before you fill the system.  Cold liquids dissolve more gas than warm ones.  I heard another tip (don't recall where, though) to draw a vacuum in the vial for about 10 minutes prior to filling to help remove dissolved gas.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.