Re: [IP] sick days/ketones

In a message dated 2/23/00 8:59:03 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>Should I make it a rule to up insulin on sick days?

I find for myself that it varies a lot what happens to my bg when sick.  Over
Christmas I had a flu-like illness (high fever, achy, respiratory problems,
felt like death), and ended up doubling my basals for several days.  But I
have had a couple times illnesses where I was tending to run low, and
probably most times only the effect of not getting much exercise.  YMMV

Linda Z