Re: [IP] bubbles/Laura

In a message dated 2/23/00 6:46:44 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>No matter what I do when I fill a new cartridge, I get bubbles later.
>I let the insulin bottle sit out overnight, I thump the bubbles out (with my
>favorite pen labeled just for that!), and there are no bubbles present.
>Then, two hours later,  get bubbles.

Last year when I had some unexplained bubbles-in-tubing problems, my rep
suggested filling the syringe and tubing and letting the whole thing sit out
overnight (or at least for several hours) before inserting it, in case the
problem had to do with the insulin coming into contact with the plastic.  I
haven't done it (haven't had any more bubble problems), but thought I would
pass the suggestion along.  Maybe the bubbles that appear in yours would
appear then, and could be bolused out before you connect.  Be careful about
contamination of the set once it's open, though.

Linda Z