[IP] DKA - coma

> > > The immediate danger is ketoacidosis; unconsciousness. This would be
> > highly...

> thanks for the response. Matt was and always is closely monitored. How
> long does it take for one to go unconscious to do HIGH bloodsugar?  Is it
> different for all people, like lows and passing out?

Ketoacidosis (DKA) is a precursor to coma (unconsciousness). You do NOT want
to go into a coma. Note the  2/14 article of the gal who has been in one for
30 years. Coma is the step before death. Treat DKA a.s.a.p.  Some people
think DKA and coma are the same thing. Not so. Go to the ER for DKA to avoid
a coma. (Yeah, I know, that was medical advice.)
Jan (who was dx'd in a coma 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)